Quick Kimchi Salad
It’s a Korean dish . Koreans eat so much of this salad that It has become the national dish of Korea. It is a high fiber and low fat diet that has kept obesity at bay in Korea. It is loaded with vitamins A, B and C. Kimchi was also taken to space by Astraunauts on the spaceship.
How to prepare quick Kimchi salad ?
Kimchi means fermented vegetables with garlic and chillies etc. But I am talking about quick kimchi salad which you can serve immediately(without fermentation)
It is a pre meal appetizer.
Cucumber with skin -1(medium size)
Carrot – 1 (medium size)
Tomato without pulp -1(medium size)
Red ,yellow or green capsicum – 1
Cabbage in small slices – 1/4th cup
Brown sugar -2 tbs
Garlic crushed -1 tbs
Sesame oil – 1 tbs
Soya sauce – 1 tbs
Tomato ketch up – 1 tbs
Hot and sweet tomato sauce – 1 tbs
Vinegar – 1 tbs
Salt as per taste
Kashmiri red chilli powder – 2 tsp
Sesame seeds, fried noodles, green coriander , tomatoes for garnishing.
Mix all the ingredients and serve immediately .
Why should you let this spicy meal enter your mouth?
Here are many benefits of this salad-
· It does not just make your inner beauty shine through, it also makes your outer appearance excellent as well. Eating kimchi helps you prevent wrinkles in long run.
· It also helps in detoxifying your body thus preventing you from many types of cancers.
· Helps you lose weight , because 150 gm of kimchi contains only 40 calories.
· Fiber contents present in kimchi also assist in stabilizing the bowel movements and prevent constipation.
· It encourages the production of collagen which aids in improving elasticity.
Note- Do not use any plastic or metal utensils , use only glass material to store it.
It is high in sodium due to many varieties of sauces added to it . So the BP patient should eat it in limit.
Dr. Suman Setia BAMS DNHE PGDHHM
Also click to read :