The medical term for itching is pruritis . Itching can be due to infection , insect bites, chronic disease , dry skin etc.
– An itching that is accompanied by visible skin abnormality should be checked
by a physician.
Home remedies for itching are :-
it is the most common home remedy for itchy skin .
Warning – never use baking soda on the broken skin .
How to use it :-
Make a paste (3 parts of baking soda with 1 part of water ) and apply this paste on the affected area .
– Pour 1 cup of baking soda in a tub filled with cool water and soak yourself in it for about ½ hour to 1 hour .
– There are some essential oils such as basil oil , clove oil , neem oil ,peppermint oil , rosemary oil , thyme oil , coconut oil etc . You can apply this on the itching area for relief.
Basil acts as an anaesthetic agent . Put the ½
ounce of dried basil leaves in 1 cup of boiling water , cover it for 2
minutes and after cooling dip a clean cloth into the solution and apply this to
itchy skin may times
– mint contains an anti inflammatory rosemarinic acid . Prepare it like basil and apply it on itchy skin many times .
– iI has anti inflammatory property . Take a leaf of aloe vera and slice it down the middle and apply the gel on the itchy skin .
stick to foods that are easily digested for the next 24 hours like rice , bananas , potato etc .
Have like watermelon , muskmelon , strawberry which help remove toxics from the body
on itchy surface this will help to cool you down .
like banana peels gives a soothing effect after rubbing on the itchy area .
it helps reduce inflammation
How to use it :- in a cup of oat meal (plain , uncooked oat meal ) add a little bit of water and let it sit for sometime until it reaches a paste like consistency . apply this paste on an affected area.