Dry Fruit Ladoos For Fast ( Without Sugar and Ghee)
Have you ever wondered why most of the diet regimes recommend having a handful of dry fruits every day? This is because dry fruits are a fabulous source of essential fats, minerals, vitamins & proteins for the body.
So, in order to make this festive season even more exciting this is an easy and quick recipe for making healthy and delicious dry fruit ladoos. This recipe is without ghee and sugar. So you can imagine its nutrient value ( The dates help in binding the ladoos , so there is absolutely no need to add any sugar to the recipe)
· Dates are free from cholesterol and contain very little fat .
· Dates are rich source of iron. It is highly recommended for those who suffer from iron deficiency. It is great help for blood purification as well.
· Dates are good for people who are suffering from constipation and indigestion.
· Good for growing kids.
· Ladoos can be served as a snack or evening snack along with milk.
· Good source of protein.
· Rich in essential fats & vitamins.
· Does not have any unhealthy ingredients like sugar or preservatives or artificial food colors.
· Yummy to eat because you get to bite small bits of nuts while eating the ladoos.
· Gives you a boost in energy and keeps fatigue at bay.
How to prepare:-
(Quantity for 5 ladoos)
· Dates (Khajoor )– 12 pieces
· Roasted almonds – 15-20 pieces
· Roasted cashew nuts – 10-12 pieces
· Walnuts (whole) – 2 -3 piece
· Green cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
-Chop the almonds and cashews into small pieces.
-Remove the walnuts from its shell and cut in to small pieces . I crushed it a little bit more as my children like to eat in this way.
-Remove the seeds from dates and crush for just 2-3 seconds in blender.
-Now mix all the dry fruits and cardamom powder in khajoor mixture very well. Grease your hands with little bit of ghee and roll the mixture into balls .
-You can add pista ,melon seeds as well as hazelnuts in this as per your choice.
-You can add figs for the crunchiness of ladoos.
Dose – It has approx. 150 to 200 calories per ladoo ( medium size) . So you should have only one in a day.
Note – These ladoos can be stored well for 9- 10 days if kept in air tight container and will last for a week or so.
Dr. SUMAN SETIA ( BAMS DNHE PGDHHM)
Click to see: