Sinuses are cavities localized around the nose . They produce mucus which helps keep the inside of your nose moist. Thus they help against dust, allergens , and pollutants. Sinusitis is a condition where the sinuses are inflamed and infected .Sinusitis is classified as acute or chronic. Acute sinusitis is that which appears suddenly and lasts for a short period of time . Chronic sinusitis on the other hand usually occurs with a low intensity but tends to last for long periods of time.
Nutrition during an attack of sinusitis is essential because the body needs all the energy it can get to fight off the infection that is causing problem. Nutritious Diet is your best strategy for overcoming sinusitis permanently.
Reasons of sinusitis :- It may be due to virus , bacteria , fungi , due to allergies, a cold or environmental triggers which make your gland to secrete more mucus in an attempt to remove the microbes potentially triggers inflammation.
- Congestion in nose along with discharge (thick greenish yellow in color)
- Pain around the inner corner of the eye or below one/both side of the nose. Feeling of pressure from inside.
- Severe pain in the forehead
- Sore irritating throat and a bad breath.
- Discomfort throughout the day and increased cough at night.
Disability to smell or taste .
Treatment for Sinusitis
- Indulge in food like
- For quick relief from sinusitis, dilute some
- Avoid dust, pollen and cold winds.
- Avoid mucus forming food like egg, chocolate, fried and processed food, sugar and dairy products.
- Vitamin C is
- Take 2 tbs of
- Take high quality fiber such as
- A diet rich in vitamin A
Note :- Plenty of sleep, adequate rest and fresh air are essential in the treatment of sinusitis.
Dr. Suman Setia BAMS DNHE PGDHHM
Click to see: