A pregnant mother must follow a balance diet for the proper nutrition of self and the new coming kid. Both of them need this special diet because the child is developing its internal systems and the mother has to feed it for all.
During pregnancy a woman should follow these few tips about her diet:
· She should reduce the use of ginger , garlic, chilli, onion, Papaya, brinjal , Carom seeds, asafoetida and coarse grain Bajra etc.
· Banana, Ripe Mangoes, Black grapes, apples and oranges are very beneficial for her.
· She should not go for fasting during pregnancy. Starving self will have adverse effect on child’s growth.
· Do not eat Pizza, Bread, Dhokla, Kadhi ,tamarind etc. They have tendency to form acid in the stomach.
· Butter milk, Honey, clarified butter can be taken in moderate quantities.
· Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption during pregnancy.
· Eat lots and lots of leafy green vegetables . They are a good source of Iron , which help your blood carry oxygen in a better and efficient way.
· Broccolis have lots of Calcium , which must be included in your diet.
· You should include dried figs in your diet to prevent constipation . It is also a good source of Calcium.
· Always take good quality proteins like Pulses( Dal) with spinach or rice.
During pregnancy you do not need too much Calories. Just add
about 300 calories extra too your normal diet. For a
healthy and balance nutrition , you can follow
6:30 - 7:30 AM - Take 150ml milk + 2 Bisuits(Either Marie or Multigrain)
8:30 – 9:30 AM - Mix veg Dalia or mix veg Poha or 3-4 Idlis(stuffed with vegetables) or 2 stuffed Rotis(methi,palak dhania,carrot etc) or1 bowl of oats with milk.
11 – 12AM - 150 ml milk + 7-8 pieces soaked almonds. If you have taken oats with milk in breakfast then you can take a big bowl of mixed fruits or 1 big bowl of salad.
1:30 – 2:30 PM - Dal 1 bowl + 1 bowl Green vegetable + 2 chapatis + salad+ 1 small bowl of curd.
4:00 – 5:00 PM - 1 big bowl of mixed fruits.
6:30 – 7:30 PM - Mix Veg soup
8:30-9:30PM - Paneer vegetable( 1 small bowl) + 1 bowl of green vegetable + 2 chapatis
10 PM - One glass of milk.